Flexseal offers with the range of type 2B shear banded couplings a series of products that connect two pipes easily, safely and stably. The shear banded couplings have been specially developed for all types of wastewater pipes. They are suitable for use in buried and above-ground drainage systems outside and inside buildings. In addition, the shear band provides extra protection against shear loads.
- For connecting wastewater pipes of all materials and manufacturers
- Withstands internal pressure of up to 2.5 bar
- Stainless steel shear band helps prevent pipe displacement
- Less excavation compared to replacing a whole length of pipe
- Approved to DIN EN 295-4, as well as DIN EN 16397
All type 2B shear banded couplings are made of EPDM (DIN EN 681-1) as standard (oil and petrol resistant-NBR on request). All steel components of the sleeve are always made of at least V2A (1.4301) stainless steel (V4A (-1.4404) on request).